About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Oct 13, 2011

Striking Jade... {portrait}

I was lucky enough to spend a week in Perth, recently, with Jerry Ghionis who is widely regarded as one of the top five wedding photographers in the world.

Jerry's style is very much about glamour, fashion & drama - and he just oozes "cool" vibes!  These are descriptions that are VERY far removed from my style  - but I soaked up all those vibes & really enjoyed the fact that I was really stretched right out of my comfort-zone during that week.  

I learnt sooooo much, especially about posing and finding the light that will make my clients look their absolute best.  I also had a blast with my new "photog" friends.

Jerry's voice was in my head this week when I photographed the very beautiful Jade. 

Thanks Jerry! 

You rock!


No comments: