About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Feb 14, 2011

Businesses I Adore ... Michelle Dayman Events

This is Michelle.

They say there are two sorts of people; the talkers & the do-ers.  Michelle is a do-er!  In fact I sometime wonder how she does so much! 

Michelle has taken her years of experience behind the scenes at weddings & recently launched her own wedding coordinator business.  And if I was a bride, I would be considering myself very lucky to have Michelle by my side. Full disclosure - I've had Michelle by my side working on various projects over the years, so I'm speaking from experience.  But check out this blog post, where I let Michelle speak for herself!
So, tell us a little bit about Michelle Dayman Events?
MDE is my newest challenge, love and addiction over and above my day to day role in Events at the City of Albany.
It has always been a dream to run my own weddings and events company and Michelle Dayman Events sees the realisation of this.  The tag-line Events.Weddings.Occasions sums up the services I can offer; exquisitely planned weddings, corporate events and launches, and beautiful commemorative celebrations.
Michelle Dayman Events offers services as simple as a consultation to provide you with the checklists, contacts, unique ideas and handy hints you need to get you on your way, right up to a full coordination of your wedding or event, with you at every step so that you are free to relax, enjoy and make the most of your special moments.

MDE will also be staging unique stand alone events throughout the year to shake things up a little, and provide Albany residents with another reason to dress up to the nines, enjoy a social night out, or experience something a little different to the norm.  Watch this space... 

What 5 words best describe your working style?
champagne-service - innovative - vibrant - energetic - passionate
What one tip would you give any bride planning the catering for the big day?
Delegation...
In my experience (over 100 weddings worked & counting) the most beautiful brides are the ones that are free of the burden of having to check up on various elements that need to fall into place and simply enjoying every moment of the day.  There are always plenty of people on hand and willing to help you to make your day perfect- so give every willing hand a task to take care of, then all you have to do on the day is enjoy the magic!
Or even better, allow Michelle Dayman Events to take care of everything intricate detail...
You often have several events on the go at the same time.  Where do you get you passion and energy?
The saying goes “if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life”... and I adore what I do!! So while every event involves a whirlwind of late nights, a million lists written and flashes of inspiration at the strangest times (a la 2am)- at the end of it all there is the reward of knowing that the event you have done has been a success, enriched lives or created beautiful memories.  I am a sucker for a deadline and can be a pocket rocket when faced with a mammoth workload- exhilarating!!
Any dreams for the future of MDE that you can share?
From little things, big things grow!!
In the next 12-18 months I will be striving to turn Michelle Dayman Events into a full time business as well as set up a beautiful consultation lounge and work space for me and my clients.  So MDE is a work in progress - eventually I plan to expand to event decor provision, wedding celebrancy & even weddings abroad.
How can our readers find out more about MDE? 
For further information on what I can offer you, your family or business you can visit my brand new website www.michelledaymanevents.com.au, follow me on Facebook at Michelle Dayman Events or email michelle@michelledaymanevents.com.au

No comments: