About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Nov 29, 2011

Hannah + Jamie, In Love {engagement}

I received an email from Hannah in January saying that she + Jamie planned to be married in February next year (the anniversary of their first kiss - this begins to paint the picture of what a romantic couple they are!!).  She said nobody knows yet - it's a secret - but she wanted to make sure I wasn't booked that day as they would like me to photograph their wedding.

Well, its safe to tell you now - I panicked!  Hannah is Hannah Luscombe, you know, of Everlasting Images - SHE'S A PHOTOGRAPHER.... A WEDDING photographer!  I calmed myself down enough to type a reply saying I flattered & what a huge honour it would be, & I looked forward to meeting her & Jamie soon.

Secretly though, I was thinking, she'll see sense.  She'll work out that I'm just a "pretend professional" & find the real thing to shoot her wedding!

Well, she didn't, and so last Monday, I found myself photographing a photographer & her lover!  Terrified!?  Leading up to it - yes!  But once we arrived at Hannah's father's stunning property in the Porongurups, excitement took over.  Here were two of the most "willing victims" I had ever worked with, in one of the most beautiful settings I'd ever find.  We even had the smoke from the Denmark fires adding a little bit of mystique into the mix.  How could I not love every minute?!

Hannah + Jamie - that was so much fun!  My nerves are gone - I can't WAIT to shoot your wedding.

You guys are the best!  xxx



Watch the slideshow for more...

No comments: