About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Jan 4, 2012

Happy New Year... {personal}

Hello twenty-twelve!

I hope you've had a great holiday season. Feeling refreshed like I am?

For me, a treat at this time of the year is always the fantastic "Best Photos of the Year" lists that I've been soaking up thanks to our Australian press and also from overseas. I am always a sucker of the TIME Magazine's best-of-lists.   Don't miss this one: LightBox 365

So, these lists got me thinking - time to  make my own "Top Photos for  2011" slideshow. 

For any pixel-peepers out there, this isn't a list of my "technically best" photos - its just a random collection of photos that I chose because they make me smile, laugh or feel good - or because of the conversation we were having at the time it was taken.  If they make you smile too, that's just a bonus.


Thanks so much to my extended "team" for a great 2011.  Thanks to Ben, Anne and Claire who helped me with weddings throughout 2011, and who I hope will continue to in 2012.  And to Nicola who recently joined "the team" helping me with album designing.   

Also to my best-female-phototog-friends (a much better name than mums-with-cameras)!  Nic, Jess, Karen & Alison - we're always there for each other if we're ever in a pickle or need a vent or have equipment-failure (thankfully we all shoot with the same cameras, hey Alison!).   I really I couldn't do without your support.

Here's to an even more enjoyable, successful and balanced year!

1 comment:

DELiciousDesignz said...

wonderful memories of 2011 - Happy New Year to you