About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Dec 3, 2010

Friday's Family Photo Tip No. 6

Quick Tip Number 6 -  Wear Your Running Shoes


I probably don't need to tell you that kids move fast.   It's a good thing that they tend to run in circles, otherwise we'd be hard pressed catching them in photos.

There are a few techniques you can apply to overcome the blur that fast kids create. The most important way is VALIUM by adjusting your shutter speed.  Using a slow shutter speed will only blur your object.  As to which precise shutter speed is appropriate, it differs with cameras & situations.   Get out & play when they are playing!

If you have a point-and-shoot, look for the "sports-mode" control - it has a little picture of a man running.  If you're shooting with a DSLR, start with a shutters speed of about 1/200  of a second & experiment until you get the appropriate one.

This photos was taken on a very overcast day with a shutter speed of 1/500 sec at f1.4 ISO 800.  I make my camera work hard!!

No comments: