About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Jan 31, 2011

Businesses I Adore ... tahli by design


Meet Tahli. Tahli is in the business of bling! She make unique handcrafted jewellery. I had a chat to her about wedding jewels...


Tell me a little bit about tahli by design...

I love being creative. I don’t remember a time in my life when I wasn’t making something but it wasn’t until my wedding in 2004 that I made my first necklace.

I loved the idea of a vintage theme, 1920’s, the feathers and pearls, the glitz and glamour it was all about elegance and style. I had an image in my head of how I wanted to look all I needed was the perfect accessories but I couldn’t find what I wanted so I decided to make my own. I ended up creating everything for our wedding and discovered my passion for making jewellery. 

I am a fan of recycling and I love making custom made pieces, in fact it’s pretty much how I started out, friends would give me pieces of old broken jewellery and I would recreate, restyle and revamp them in to something new and exciting. This has led to me incorporating vintage pieces as well as fabrics, buttons and really whatever appeals to me; this gives me more scope for freedom and individuality in each piece I create.

I love it when old and new are combined, it’s like beginning a new chapter, starting over with a new point of view. Finding inspiration is easy for me and I am constantly changing and evolving as an artist. I love trying new methods and mediums, and I always have an eye open for inspiration, I tend to let each piece grow itself and tell me what it wants to be.....That is just so exciting to me.


What inspires your creations?

I find inspiration everywhere, a piece could start from a colour or a single bead and it just starts to evolve. I have created pieces for weddings from a single strip of material or a picture of a dress or a piece of broken jewellery that once belong to their grandmother. I find people are a great inspiration, we all have our unique style and I love to try and capture this.


Give me 5 words to describe my style.

vintage - unique - evolving - funky - precious


What one tip would I give a bride planning her bling for the big day?
Less is best! 
It is important to enjoy wearing your jewels so you need to make sure they feel right but it is about the whole package, how the look comes together and when you need that special unique piece I would love to create something especially for you.


Are there any dreams for tahli by design that you'd like to share?

My dream is to continue growing my business. I really do love making jewellery and I hope to create a lot more custom made pieces for weddings and special occasions. I am currently looking at setting up a shop online and I am looking at doing an exhibition this year.

How can our readers find you?
The best place is the tahli by design facebook page plus I can be contacted by email at tahlibydesign@hotmail.com.

No comments: