About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Jan 11, 2011

Danah + Tim, 1 January 2011 {wedding}

Photos & Slideshow

I got the call from Tim last year. 

He was excited.  They had set the date, and it was 1.1.11.  

And I promised him the weather would be a balmy 32 degrees with a gentle sea breeze.  He wanted a guarantee or his money back.   Well, it was closer to 40 degrees.  But this couple were as cool as cucumbers!
Danah & the girls spent the day in the sanctuary of the Sheraton (which changed its name that day, just like Danah!)

 

The boys slipped in a few cooling ales by the river at the Left Bank  - they were so relaxed that they left without the corsage below. (Is there a more blokey name for "corsage"?  I must find out).  Some ingenious family member managed to find a rose bush near the church ,along with a pin to attach - the Bride was none-the-wiser until after the Ceremony.  Phew - close call!


The bagpiper played "Auld Lang Syne" to mark the beginning of the year -and the beginning of Danah + Tim's married life.
Perth's St Mary's Cathedral is simply serene since its renovations - light streamed in (a photographer's dream) while the thick walls & high ceilings were better than any air-conditioner.  And Danah seemed to float in from the warm outside haze.  Tim was waiting.

Our photo location, right on the river at Mosman Park provided another escape from the heat - and from reality - it was like stepping into the set of "Casablanca".  

And Danah slipped into the role played by Ingrid Bergman without any coaxing! I've never seen such a smitten Groom!

Then off to Matilda Bay for another view of the City across the water, just as the sun was setting.

A wave for the wedding guests back at the restaurant...
 Danah's attention to detail was quite something - tiny cut crystal vases were scatted throughout the venue - different flowers in each - I can't imagine the hours of planning that were involved.  And you gotta love that cake!


A truly stunning location for a wedding.  The prefect ending to a perfect day.  Thank you Danah + Tim - it may have been a bit warm for this southern gal, but I enjoyed every minute. Thank to Ben Reynolds again for assisting.

For more, here's a slide show.


2 comments:

hannah luscombe said...

Absolutely Stunning Krysta!

Claire said...

Superb, Stunning .....exceptional x