About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Oct 19, 2010

Creative People.... Meet Bronwen

The very talented (and modest) Bronwen Newbury has been painting professionally for around twenty years, and has exhibited in exhibitions all around Australia receiving many awards over the years. Bronwen took some time out from her busy life on the vineyard (where she and husband David are building an excitng new cafe) to tell us something about herself.   

What materials do you work with?
I work in acrylics mostly, sometimes pastel, and sometimes mixed media.

What's the first artwork you can remember making?
Grade 1 - an orange spider web with a green spider in it.  It was held up to the class for all to see!!  After that, when I was still at school about aged 16 my parents gave me a great big box of rembrandt pastels for my birthday. That started me off, and I remember entering a pastel triptich called "see the bird" in the Katanning Art Prize. I sold it.

What inspires you?
The landscape,especially the dessert country -The light -Gathering of people - shape and colour.

What has been your proudest artistic achievement so far?
Being approached by galleries, rather than me chasing them. It always gives me a buzz .

What five words describe your creative philosophy?
simple - whimsical - atmospheric - diverse - experimental

Where can we see more of your work?
Phillips Brook cellar and gallery, Albany http://www.phillipsbrook.com.au/. Gallery 360, Hay St, Subiaco.
Gallows Gallery, Glyde Street, Mosman Park.  and The Studio Gallery, Yallingup.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Fabulous portraits of fabulous people!!