About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Oct 18, 2010

Creative People.... Meet Sue

If you're an Albany local, you'll not be needing an introduction as Sue Codee is very well known for her passionate involvement in the arts community in our City.  Sue is a talented visual artist and much-respected community cultural development practitioner who works across a wide artistic spectrum including roles such as curator, arts consultant, designer, and project co-ordinator.  I recently had a chat with Sue and she kindly answered some questions...


What materials do you work with?
At the moment I work predominantly with paper and create intricate papercuts, but I have worked with large scale canvas, wood, recycled material, etc. Anything really depending on where my creative thought process is at.

What's the first artwork you can remember making?
When I was a kid I was ALWAYS sketching and drawing on paper and in sketchbooks - my mum has piles of them stored away. It just flowed on from there...........

What inspires you?
Life. My artwork is about life, people, family, community, stories of place, belonging, etc. And also presently my personal journey with breast cancer which has been an amazing source of creative material.

What has been your proudest artistic achievement so far?
Most recently I recieved a double whammy in that I recieved BOTH the awards in "Illuminate" which is an exhibition of 3D artists at the Residency Museum in Albany (curated by Annette Davis who you have also featured in your artists portraits). That was totally unexpected and very exciting.

Describe your creative  philosophy?
Follow your passion. JUST DO IT!

Where can we see more of your work?
Mark Blyth Fine Jewelry, Lower York St, Albany (until end of November).  For Perth readers,
Fremantle Arts Centre Shop "FOUND", Fremantle plus the Albany's Vancouver Cafe in November.

No comments: