About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Oct 25, 2010

Creative People.... Meet Lorraine

Meet Lorraine Harrison, our final "Creative Person, and a dedicated potter of over 30 years.  Being a leading member of Viewpoint Inc (promoting 3D artists within the Great Southern Region of WA) Lorraine devoted much time and energy encouraging artists working in form and design to showcase their fine craft in Viewpoint biennial exhibitions.  I  asked Lorriane a few questions about her craft...

 

What materials do you work with?
Working with clay is a two way effort - clay and me.

What's the first artwork you can remember making? 
In 1979 I joined a country pottery club, but my enthusiasm to produce large pieces were far too big for their kilns so graduated to a back yard potter.

What inspires you?
The last stage of a long journey through many processes of producing ceramics - the 'cracking open the kiln door'. Revelation - excitement or another challenge!

What has been your proudest artistic achievement so far?
Works purchased for the City of Perth collection. Life member of Viewpoint Inc.

What five words describe your creative philosophy? 
Enthusiasm-experimentation-capturing the essence!

Where can we see more of your work? 
My major galleries have recently closed - however in Exhibitions and biannual Kaleidoscope also Vancouver Cafe, Albany and my Studio in Wollaston Road, Middleton Beach.

No comments: