About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Nov 29, 2010

Businesses I Adore ... The Rocks Albany

Meet Noelene.  Noelene is the face behind one of Albany's most prestigious wedding venues, The Rocks Albany.  Built in 1882, The Rocks was once the vice regal residence of WA's governors.  With  seeping view, manicured gardens & immaculate heritage interiors, The Rocks is really a bit special, so its not hard to see why its a dream wedding venue.  I had a chat with Noelene about  weddings at The Rocks.


Tell us a little bit about "The Rocks" as a wedding venue and honeymoon destination?
The Rocks Albany is the only 5 star heritage accommodation in Western Australia so is a unique accommodation and function venue. Situated on 2 acres in the heart of Albany and with unobstructed views of Princess Royal Harbour, this nationally heritage listed property will suit almost any occasion.

You've seen a lot of weddings at "The Rocks". What has been your most unusual "wedding moment"? 

My favourite moment was a wedding on April fool’s Day a few years ago…it BUCKETED down with rain and as the sun managed to poke its way through the clouds, the photographer raced the wedding party into the parterre garden and took the most gorgeous photo from the verandah looking down on them with the sun shimmering in the water on the pavement…absolutely stunning.
Unusual..hmm…that’s a hard one…I guess having a witches and warlocks theme is probably the most unusual wedding I’ve had!

Noticed any wedding makeup trends lately?
Can’t say I’ve noticed actually - I’m usually too busy making sure everyone has what they need before leaving the building!

What 5 words best describe your service philosophy? 
relaxed - sincere - “no problems” attitude - welcoming - available

What one tip would you give any readers who are planning a wedding? 
Relax, it will all be perfect on the day!

Any dreams for the future of The Rocks that you can share? 
I’d love for people to come to Albany just to stay with us, and then of course enjoy ALL that this amazing place has to offer!

How can our readers find out more about The Rocks?  
Website; www.therocksalbany.com.au And we’ll be on facebook VERY soon! Or call me on 08 9842 5969.

No comments: