About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Nov 19, 2010

Friday's Family Photo Tip No.4

Tip number 4 - Show Some Emotion


Today's quick tip is super quick - I'm about to drive ot Perth for a river-side wedding (complete with a French groom) in summery weather - can't wait!  So I beg your forgiveness for any typos today...

Today's tip is "show some emotion". When we take a photos of family member, we try to capture "them" - but that's not just the way they look -we also look for a bit of personality - some life - some connection - some emotion!

I've found that three & four-year-olds are especially into  the big cheesy smiles for the camera if they spot it.  So try to disappear, and perhaps look over the shoulder of another family member to catch that authentic moment.

The best way you can do that is if you are connected emotionally to the moment yourself!

No comments: