About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Nov 23, 2010

Dogs Make Me Smile...


I think its because "Rossie" has similar facial expressions to my "Ruby" that I've been grinning as I edit this family portrait session.  And she was just what was needed to bring smiles to the faces of this family.

When the mother of these teens contacted me about getting some photos taken, she warned me that the kids had been toddlers when she last had professional photos taken of them.  And lets face it, teenagers generally are not jumping at he chance of being in front of the lens. So, Rossie provided a perfect distraction for them.  Needless to say, there are a LOT of out-takes because Hungarian Ziszlas are not generally in the habit of sitting quietly on the sideline. Here are a few...
But Rossie provided a nice ice-breaker and we got there in the end.  Here are some "Rossie-free" photos, but still lots of fun!
What a couple of "lookers"! (Is that word uncool??)

1 comment:

David Sobik said...

Hello Krysta, I must say as another photographer looking at your work I am very impressed! Nice colours, good black and whites nice to see!

I have been shooting weddings here in Albany for about 15 years and I am often fully booked year to year so I will strongly recommend yourself, thats if you like!

I am so glad you seem to be resisting the 1970's my camera has been on the dash of the car in the sun look.

Love the blog, great work I hope to met up one day around the traps!

Cheers

David Sobik