About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Nov 12, 2010

Friday's Family Photo Tip No.3

Tip number 3 - bring several props/diversions.

Kids have a short attention span and will quickly become frustrated with posing/smiling for too long.   I suggest having a few things for them to play.  This will add variety to the images, and more importantly,  you'll have a much happier child to work with, as you can see from Tyler's face - concentrating on those bubbles. 


Here's some suggestions... apples and other bright fruit look great in photos (but make sure you choose  ones that are not too messy).  Then toys (ones they haven't seen for a while) and even kitchen utensils... be creative!  When you're close to finishing up,  bring out the messier distractions like lollipops or cupcakes - but save them to the end or you'll be in for a wardorbe change...and possibly a bath!  

No comments: