About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Nov 1, 2010

Businesses I Adore... Wignalls Wines

Today, since its the beginning of a new month, I’m starting a new weekly series - every Monday I'll be introducing you to the people behind some of the wedding + events services around Albany.  First cab-off the-rank is Wignalls Winery, as I am still on a high from Saturday’s wedding.

On the weekend, my brother and I shot a gorgeous, very classy wedding. I’d never taken photos at Wignalls before (aside from snapshots at Wingall’s renown summer events), and so I was completely blown away by the variety of stunning photo opportunities there, especially at the “Golden Hour”. This is what we “photogs” call the magical light we only get for the last hour before the sun disappears. Can't wait to share the photos from Stephen + Flick's wedding!

We were literally running from one location to another (complete with a very obliging bride in high-heels). Avenues of eucalypts, rows of vines, fresh round hay-bales, a glowing granite-walled cellar, clumps of tall pines with dappled light… you name it, we had it!  I had a chat with Claire and Rob Wignall, the hard-working duo behind it all..

What makes Wignall’s weddings venue unique?
Its a surreal venue with manicured gardens, and sheltered from all weather.

Describe a typical wedding at Wignalls?
They range from fully formal right through to cocktail parties. We can cater for up to 400 guest in a marquee within a beautiful outdoor setting.

Noticed any wedding trends at your weddings?
Cocktail parties are very much the current trend in 2010

What was your most memorable "wedding moment" at Wignalls?
Our own in 1998! A casual setting with close family and friends

What one tip would you give any readers who are planning a wedding?
Enjoy your special day the way you want it to be, and throw the rules book out the window!

Any dreams for the future of Wignalls that you can share?
Our dream - a dedicated function room is our long term aim!

How can our readers find out more about Wignalls Weddings?
The best way to see what we can offer is to attend a summer concert so the "feel" of the venue allows you what you can expect, then to make an appointment to discuss details further. Our website is http://www.wignallswines.com.au/

No comments: